5.01.2007

So Long April

Sleeping or reading?
April 2007

My iTunes: Live and Learn by The Cardigans

Can you all believe that it is May already? I surely cannot. 2007 is flying by and I as I looked over our upcoming calendar, I went back over April. I was remembering this day. I posted about it. Click here and here and here for those posts. It was such a perfect day.

Strike One...sorry John, I actually snapped it this way!

I snapped these while we were chilling out on the blanket in St. James Park. Clear blue sky, green grass and the smell of the baseball glove that my son threw next to me as he went off the kick the soccer ball. It was nice to look around and see my family around me relaxing. Honestly, it doesn't happen very often these days. The chaos of life creeps in so easy and sometimes the more cherished moments get pushed aside as we are just trying to get through the day.

These posts are reminders to me to savor the moment....whether it is an hour, day, a week, a month, a year. How about you...what are the moments you have savored recently?

"Whatcha reading Sadie?"

22 comments:

Cris said...

So nice... I have savored moments with my family... Kids grow up so fast, I try to take lots of pictures of their faces, feet, hands and I thank God every moment we share...

John said...

miss your family!

Tracy said...

Oh Anna,
These pictures are gorgeous! You really capture the moments so well. Such talent...

For some reason, I am really savoring spring this year. My senses seem to be particularly heightened more than normal. Everything looks and feels so lovely to me.

JAM said...

He's not drooling so I'm guessing that he was awake. Love that one of the baseball being thrown. Really nice shot.

bluemountainmama said...

i agree with jam- the baseball one is great....but i love the feel of ALL these.

i've been savoring spring in the mountains and sir laughsalot running around barefoot and shirtless in the grass.... :)

Unknown said...

Love these shots--especially the baseball one. But I also love how John's ring glistens in the first one. And I can just hear Jack asking SK... Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Anna. I can feel that sun shining on me!

My apologies for the long absence. Life has been busy and I'm worn out by the time I get home of late. Will have more blogging time soon I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Great shots to close out the month. I like that baseball shot the best.

kenju said...

April didn't stick around long did she? Maybe May will.....LOL


Love the baseball shot!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

From April showers to May flowers...time flies by more so when u have spent it writing exams ...I am done with my semester...:)
Beautiful, happy family pics..loved them all.....wish you and ur family all the happiness in the world :)

CG said...

I know the time is flying past!! I so want to savour each moment but evetry day seems to get busier and busier and my to-do list longer!!

Such beautiful photos. I love the soft yet clear look.

Bobkat said...

Those pics sum up a relaxing day in the park. Bliss! It is so rare in this busy life to grab perfect days like that :)

John Roberts said...

The soft focus and slightly muted colors enhance the "memories" feel to these. As with your photo from yesterday, the framing really works for me on these.

Tom Atkins said...

I love the lighting effect in these. Very storybook in their feel.

Tom

Anonymous said...

some great pics, time flies

Ash said...

Beautiful images of beautiful moments....perfect!

Alice said...

I'm a big "CSI" fan so my take on the picture of John's ring is that if you enlarge it enough you see a picture of Anna taking a picture of John! The pictures of all of them are wonderful. Cherish the time. Love, Mom

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

love the shot of your boy pitching

cjc said...

These were great shots of your family.

-cjc

srp said...

The picture of your son throwing the ball is priceless... one of those "mistakes" we talked about the other day? Great picture!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Wow, Anna! Great catch on that first shot!

IsraeliDiary said...

Wow! That's a beautiful picture! :O

How did you manage to shoot it at such a bright light?

Don't know if you edited it or not, but either way it looks very professional. Good work! ;)