9.09.2008

Snapshots from High School

The Clock
August 2008

My iTunes:  Strawberry Swing by Coldplay  

Sorry it has been awhile....I just returned from my work trip and starting tomorrow will be editing all my sessions for my clients.  I hope to be posting regularly this week if I can so be sure to check back!  

I have been on facebook for almost two years now and lately I have been finding tons of friends from high school.  It has been pretty cool to find different people and see what they are up to these days almost 20 years since we graduated.  Can it really be that long?  As I was thinking about it all, I remembered I had taken these shots from my daughter Sadie's sophmore year orientation this past August.

When I was in school, I looked at that clock ALL DAY LONG....and so does my daughter I am pretty sure!  And the lockers below....I just loved the blue color and had to get the shot.  By the way, these were taken with my iPhone and I am perfectly happy as to how they came out after I edited them a bit!

Take care everyone!

The Lockers

15 comments:

brittaffeldt said...

Oh LHS... those lockers (mine was PLASTERED with pictures and magnets!)
Side Note: None of the clocks were ever set to the same time. So you could be late according one & right on time if you looked at another!

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! That iPhone did really well, it is amazing what technology can do now days.

I remember watching the clock but not to the extent that my daughters do now. I remember the chaos and fun that happened around the lockers too.

Mark said...

Neat shots from school. The first one really makes the clock loom. The second one, not to mention the sounds it evokes, takes me right back to my high school halls.

My 20-year reunion is coming up in about a year or maybe a little less.

photowannabe said...

It seemed the clock never moved when I was in school...way back in the dark ages....
I still have dreams about forgetting the combination to my locker and being late to class.
Nice shots Anna.

YellowRose said...

Oh high school, the memories! Your photos brought it back, I was a clock watcher, I couldn't wait for the day to end! It's been 25 years since I graduated from HS...wow!

Great photos, as always!

Karin said...

Very cool shots! A perspective I'm sure most high school students never pause long enough to notice!

Anna said...

Haha those high school pictures... Oddly enough there are NO clocks in any of the rooms here at college. It's a nice change.

Unknown said...

I look at the clock all day long....

DrillerAA said...

Man, that clock image brings back some memories...and who doesn't remember their high school locker.

Robert said...

Using your iPhone for these just goes to show a photographer takes pictures, not a camera! Well done.

Jeanne Damoff said...

Great shots! Wow. Nostalgia. This could be my high school in the 70s. Do schools ever change?

Anonymous said...

My youngest goes to the same High School I graduated from in 1981, and my husband graduated from in 1977. It's hard to believe it was that long ago, I cannot help but think if these walls could talk!

Unknown said...

Love them, of course.

I hope to be spending more time in Blogland soon... I've missed our correspondences :)

Cris said...

Hi Anna... a high school friend who now lives in Dubai just asked me this week why I am not on facebook, this picture brought me back good memories...

MCA said...

låspictures save wonderful moments that we see when looking at his childhoodCar Rental In Barbados