1.21.2008

Rewind to Camden

Books On Sale
July 2007

My iTunes: The Otherside by Andrew Balkwill

These days I have been going through images (thousands of them...SIGH) putting my portfolio together. I have come across some images that never made it on my blog...imagine that! These are from a day trip to Camden with a couple of friends right before I left London.

I remember it like it was yesterday. The sky was a crisp and vivid blue. The smell of the food vendors, people lined up and down the street going from booth to booth searching for that one thing that they can't live without. Camden is so vibrant and fun. From the tattoo parlor to the donut stands....you can find whatever you want! When you are in London, make sure you take the Tube there for at least a day!

BTW, the music I am listening to is Andrew Balkwill. I have posted about his music before. He is a piano rocker from London but has also played in the US. The first time I heard him play I was walking in Covent Garden on a beautiful summer day. He frequently plays gigs in Camden. You can check out his MySpace page here. Let me know what you think!

Is it 5:00 yet?

13 comments:

Alice said...

Anna...it's 5:00 pm somewhere!! Great pictures. Love you...

bluemountainmama said...

love the colors... and, no, i haven't seen sis yet. we're scheming....

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) it has to be 5 o'clock somewhere!!!!! love the blue of the BAR

Kyle said...

Bad News: They won't let me bring my camera in!

but i'm sure i'll have a good story!

Mark said...

Good luck with the portfolio. Choosing is the hardest part for me. Not because I think they're all great, but because so many of them are important to me. It's hard to know which ones will have an impact on someone else (thereby prompting them to open their wallet).

Nice images. Of course, that goes without saying around here.

Julie Blair said...

Anna, I had not checked in for awhile...I must say I am not surprised you are going Pro. I had commented last year that you should sell your images as they are beautiful and you have a great eye. Running a photo biz is time consuming but I love it! Good luck with it all!!
~Julie Blair

John Roberts said...

It's interesting that you chose the "travel" section of the bookshelf to photograph. Symbolic? Unintended, but revealing? Hmmmm...

Gretchen said...

Your post explains one of my reasons for being a photographer. When you look at a photo, you're instantly transported back to that moment in time.

Anonymous said...

Great shots and great music by the piano man!

Anonymous said...

Great shot Anna. I love the top shot from one "wanderer" to another.

Good luck with the portfolio. I am sure the problem will be narrowing rather than trying to find enough to fill it!

Anna said...

Wow, I'm not on your blog for a couple of days and suddenly I come back with so many posts to catch up on! This post made me miss Camden. It's such an amazing part of London.

JAM said...

Love the bottom one. Good luck going through your stuff.

Rebecca said...

HA! It's so funny that of all the posts I've missed (it's been a lot), and the one I choose to comment on, I come to find out the pictures were taken in Camden! I think I'm onto something... ;) haha

Seriously, I LOVE your pictures. All of them. You just have some of the most amazing composition. xoxo

Love you.