7.19.2007

Being Still

A Seat for Me...
July 2007

My iTunes: You Are So Good To Me by Third Day

Let me start off by saying how much I appreciate all the encouraging words from you all on my post from yesterday. It really meant a lot to me so thanks.

My friend Anna and I were walking on the Hill when I got the shot from my post yesterday. She is here visiting with a family here in London and has made her way over to my home a few times to crash and use my internet to check Facebook (which is so cool by the way). I am hooked on that now too! That day with her I also got the image above.

What is it about benches? They are so inviting to me. I am reminded to rest, to share with a friend, to admire, to put things on pause. I have been posting a lot about that subject lately....taking it all in and not missing a moment. That is one of the reasons why I started my blog here...to see the beauty around me or at the very least reflect on the world through my lens. To be able capture and share these moments I have to remember one thing...to be still. Why is that so hard some days to remember to do? I think this day I got it right. I like the way this one turned out.

Thanks for coming along on this journey with me.

20 comments:

talj said...

Just beautiful Anna! I can see why you liked this bench so much and you have shown it off so nicely in your image! {{HUGS}} x

cjc said...

Hi Anna... Being still... wow, I needed a reminder about that. As I was reading this the Steven Curtis Chapman song "be still and know" poped into my head. I love that song. These days I have not been still often enough... I need to do that more.

-me
PS... keeping all of you in my prayers in the times of change.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Anna, for taking me on this journey with you. Looking forward to many more journeys to come!

John Roberts said...

You always find the most interesting details!

Ted said...

The mists with which you've coated these shapes make me wonder about the way the substantial can be so challenged by our imaginations. And how we can carve up reality in ways that simultaneously make them metaphorical... AND ... um... realer. Real-er? Okay, not a word, but that's not a bench either. It's a study in misty form, shape and even some texture.

Like it a bunch. Also like the subtle palette's you diddle in. That takes courage... It's just so easy to crank up the saturation. Thanks for not...

Ted

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

I'm so with you on benches being inviting... love the grace of the curve here :)

Mark said...

This post makes it sound like something's coming to an end.

Did I miss something?

evanhuntphoto.com said...

right on Anna. Its all about taking it all in.

enjoying the photos and glad your having fun chatting w/ my ma! haha

photowannabe said...

Lovely Anna. I think being still is one of the hardest things for us to do. It can really make a difference in the day.

Anna said...

No one one is missing anything yet. I am just reflecting on my blog-o-rrific journey the past year! It is a blessing for me to do!

:)

kiraN said...

beautiful shot.
any photoshop work on dis pic

-kiraN

Alice said...

A beautiful post Anna. Psalm 46:10 reminds us to let go and trust God to do God's will. Let go and relax. Thanks for the reminder...

Cris said...

I have a hard time being still, I always like to do several things at once. Thanks for taking us on this journey, it's been a pleasure being with you!

calusarus said...

Really a nice shot. Great !

Moksha Gren said...

Good capture. The curves and straight lines and the variation in texture make an interesting balance. Plus...benches...great subject.

Anna said...

What can I say your house is fun to crash!! Ben Folds is fun to jam to but I was lovin RelientK yesterday when I was walking up the Hill to your house.

kenju said...

I like the juxtaposition of curved lines and straight ones on that bench; so graceful! Take it easy when you can - I know this is a busy time for you.

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

evryone's said everything profound - i just love the bench - great eye as usual

Elaine said...

It's got nice lines, so I like it!

JAM said...

I love the lines and the old feel of this. It's as if it were taken with some old-school photographic technology a hundred years ago.