7.16.2007

Reflections

Quitting Time
July 2007

My iTunes: To Be Alone With You by Sufjan Stevens

We are back to our photographic tour of Venice!

I decided to post some pictures of reflections that we saw while we were on our trip. John and I both love to be near water when we go on holiday. Water calms us almost immediately and allows us to relax in our new surroundings. That is good when you only have a few days and want to make the most of it. This made Venice ideal for us. During the day you could sit by the water and read or talk...at night you could take a gondola ride and relax as you make your way down the Grand Canal (more pics of that later).

Here are a few images of reflections that I snapped. The second image was taken in the piazza as the tide was coming in. It gets covered in water during that time of the day and then drains when the tide goes back out. That night there was a beautiful sunset so I captured it...on the ground. You should have seen the crazy looks I got. I was the only one looking down that night! But I am happy with what I got.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Sunset in the Piazza
July 2007

Waiting to Hitch a Ride
July 2007

21 comments:

utenzi said...

Those are beautiful, Anna. What a great place to visit.

bluemountainmama said...

yes, anna.... gorgeous! both these and the flowers in your last post. and i am just discovering sufjan....his music is super cool!

Mark said...

Nice. Very nice.

By the way, I'm going to Sacramento on business in a couple weeks.

They have a tower bridge. I hope I have time to grab a few pics.

CG said...

Am loving these pics. I swear I have a pic of that last bridge! I am so glad you love Venice too :)

John Roberts said...

The middle photo is great! It looks like the reflection is on a broken mirror. This could be a CD cover for somebody.

Now for some tough love. The top photo doesn't work for me because the sky reflections don't seem to match. On #3 the reflections aren't pronounced enough.

Final score: 1 CD cover, 2 near misses.

(Hey, but your flowers were really good! LOL!)

Anna said...

Ouch...that was some tough love! :)

I actually wasnt going for clear mirror images but rather what I saw in the water regardless....

But I am glad that 1 out of 3 wasn't bad! :)

I am glad you liked the pics yesterday!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I love reflections too, Anna.

I notice that wood post is "mirroring" the stiped pole too ;)

...You sound like a "pro Night Owl" to me ;)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i'll go with the last shot, Anna....water's dear to me too !! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the reflections especially that middle picture.

Alice said...

Well...here goes! I really love the second shot. There is something about the reflection that is really cool. See you Sunday!!!!!

photowannabe said...

Interesting reflections in the second shot. I like the series of chairs and the tunnel effect of the reflection in the last.
Everythings going great here Anna and i am so content living in our new home. Life is good. Hot but good...

kenju said...

Great photos, Anna, as usual. The reflections in the 2nd one are wonderful!


I hope I get to see you!! How long will you be here?

Bobkat said...

Venice is defintely somewhere I want to visit. I love the last shot in particular!

Anna said...

They're all great and differnt in their own ways. I think the second one is pretty awesome though!

Unknown said...

I really like the chair reflections with the sunset. I know people think I'm crazy too when they see me shooting what they consider nothing. Probably only a photographer would have seen the beauty of the sunset and chair reflections in the water.

Ash said...

Lovely reflections!

Cris said...

Oh Anna, what beautiful pictures you have been showing us, thanks for sharing your days off with us, I have never been to Italy and if I could I would take the next flight...

Andrew said...

Beautiful pictures. Very captivating. Thanks for posting.

Just Photography said...

The first picture is astounding! It's everything I would have ever wanted in a Venice shot. That boats, the buildings, sky and water!

Beautiful!

aphotoinhand said...

Aww, Anna!

These are beautiful. I hope all's well!

JAM said...

Wonderful, I like 'em all. Especially the middle one of the chairs reflected in the water, but I'm not sure why.