7.28.2008

Amp Love

Turn It Up
July 2008

My iTunes:  Easy To Love by Jubilee

OK, so maybe I have a thing for amps too!  Feet and amps...what can I say?  Here's another amp.  It looks completely  different from the one the day before yesterday!  Don't you think?  

I did post this for a reason....

Some of you are readers of Jeanne's blog.  Please go and check her blog out if you have not already!  Her daughter Grace is in a band called Jubilee out of Seattle.  Music lover I am, I got in touch with her and asked about their website and myspace.  I was so excited when the songs started playing.  So I found them on iTunes and bought all I could.  I hope you will follow the links below and listen for yourself and find out what Jubilee is all about!  One word...AWESOME!  My soul was smiling as I listened....

 
I have to say that it is refreshing to not only hear their music but to know their purpose.  They are a Non-Profit band which means they give half their sales away to a worthy cause.  They support IJM, the International Justice Mission...a human rights group that fights forced child prostitution and slavery around the world.  I actually had heard of this organization while living in London, England where there is a very real grass roots effort taking place to end child prostitution.  Below is the website for International Justice Mission.


Bless you all and if you ever need anything please feel free to contact me!

"Christ has set us free to live a free life.  So take your stand!  Never let anyone put a harness of slavery on you."
Galatians 5:1
The Message

14 comments:

Mark said...

The vaunted Marshall stack. Or is that a half stack?

I like that you made the photo look vintage by tinting it slightly yellow. I think you did it on purpose, right?

Unknown said...

Not only is Jeanne a great photographer, she's also a talented writer and a good friend. Her blog posts are usually funny and thought-provoking. A cool combo. Go check her out. :)

Unknown said...

Guess what I just picked up from the front porch!

Unknown said...

:) Yes, I'm excited... but I can't take any pictures yet because I don't have a memory card. I'm waiting for my rewards gift card to come so I can buy the memory card. But that's probably a good thing because I still am working on this paper. I'm hitting the 23rd page, though!

Jeanne Damoff said...

Anna, thanks SO much for your enthusiasm and for sharing with your readers about Jubilee. Thanks for the link to my photo blog, too. :)

(And, Jen, thanks for putting in a word for my words as well. That friend thing goes both ways.)

brittaffeldt said...

Wow, what a coincidence! My dorm's theme/fundraiser this year is a partnership with IJM!! My chaplain for the past 2 years has been a leader in the schools IJM chapter. Its such a great organization & I'm glad more and more people are taking notice and CHANGING something about this world.
Anyway, I'm loving the amps! I've always wished I was musical... alas, I'll have to settle for being a music lover. :)

Robert said...

Every guitarists (or wannabe guitarist in my case) dreams of a Marshall stack. I like how attention is drawn towards the name. After all, it is legendary.

Unknown said...

Interesting speakers!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Nice images in these recent posts...as usual ;)

Good scripture reference as well...

Lyn said...

Hi
You might be interested in reading Just Courage, Gary Haugen's latest book (www.justcourage.com)which talks about the power from God that we get to do brave things like combat slavery in the world. Thanks for this post! Lyn from IJM HQ

Anonymous said...

Fallout 3 DLC Coming To the PS3, New Content Announced on games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/20/0514242

Anonymous said...

Technology truly has become one with our daily lives, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]r4i ds[/url] DS KwZa)

Anonymous said...

In case you are interested to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night tournaments on your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 online for cash - we receive applications for game testers ASAP. Become our fan on Facebook before end of March and you can receive $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1

Anonymous said...

Hails folks! I own a small tattoo business in New York. I used to buy all tattoo stuff at bulk prices but my supplier got jailed (life is weird!) so I'm looking for a low cost tattoo supplies seller (online or offline) to buy tattoo stuff from. Here is an example of what I need: Tattoo Supplies. Thank you very much in advance for any ideas guys! PM me or send me an email: triple6tattoo@hotmail.com