1.07.2007

Missing Christmas



It hasn't even been a month but I am missing the sights, smells and fellowship of the season already (funny, I was first in line to get rid of my Christmas tree this year). That's OK, only 335 more days to go! :) This morning on our way out of church, this holly plant winding its way around a vine caught my eye. The bright red berries and the vibrant green leaves stood out from the old, grey stone church facade and the dull winter foliage all around. I immediately had visions of sugarplums. Are any of you missing anything about your holiday season?

5 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

This is a pretty good shot for a "point and shoot." Didn't you say your Nikon got drowned?

Mike

kenju said...

Anna, I am indeed missing something from the Christmas season - my younger daughter! It pains me that she lives so far away (although to be fair, she does visit often). When I went to the dump yesterday, there was a pile of discarded Christmas trees by the entrance, and the pine smell was so sweetly overpowering, it made me wish I had a real tree this year!

Anonymous said...

I miss the fellowship of our family together at Christmas! I miss you all...love, Mom

Andrea said...

Yes. it was hard to take my tree down--I love the smell! It is over so fast, and such a buildup!!

Anonymous said...

I miss the family gatherings and the focus on Jesus. It was great to hear beautiful hymns declaring Jesus as king on secular radio. I miss all the lights, too.