1.05.2007

Vivid Preparations...


Today was a day of preparing. Three weeks and counting until my children wake up and start school in their own home. There is lots to be done. Starting small, I decided to tackle our supplies of pens, pencils and alike this afternoon. The task was getting them out, sharpening and organizing them. Isn't there something about school supplies? I am not sure if both boys and girls are like this, but I have clear memories of loving to open a new box of crayons or a fresh pack of paper. I can still smell it. With that comes the hopes of what another school year might bring (no matter how it ended). I wasn't an exceptional student...but I always wanted to be. Maybe I can still be one when I grow up. I had these same feelings today as I looked at these pencils which I sharpened for the kids. I was excited about the journey we are taking together. I was imagining Jack (my artist) who will be beside himself when he sees a pail full of newly sharpened colored pencils. I cannot wait to see the things he will create!

I really like this shot I got today. No doubt I will reshoot this when my drowned NIKON D50 is replaced with a better model! No high resolution on my temporary point and shoot. Please bear with me. For those of you who are new to my blog go to the archives to the right, look under a November post called RIP and find out what happened to my camera.

3 comments:

kenju said...

I still get excited at the prospect of a new pack of drawing paper and new crayons or colored pencils. I hope you will post some examples of their artworks.

Rebecca said...

"Bouquets of newly sharpened pencils...", You've Got Mail. :) Yep, LOVE the smells of a new school year! What a great shot too. Love the colors. I'm in the market for a digital myself, but I'm thinking I'll start in the medium range...probably just 5 or 6 megapixels. :) I gotta get some photos for my blog!

Corey Bienert said...

wow...


i like this one alot!