11.11.2006

Fresh, Living Water


As believers, nourishment is vital to our walk with Christ. For the past several months, I have felt parched like no other time in my life...maybe it is because I know the difference now in my life when I am in His word and when I am not. For me, coming home is a chance to get sustenance. Spiritually and emotionally. I am praying for a moist, rich soil in my heart...so that the fruits of the Spirit can grow out of me freely, without restriction and please my Father. My starting place will be in His word. I passed by this watering can today and thought of one thing...the fact that in order for me to grow...I need living water.

Jesus answered, "If you knew the generousity of God, and knew who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water."
John 4:10

3 comments:

kenju said...

How very true. We all need that water.

bluemountainmama said...

i've been in the same boat the last year- we moved to a very rural area and have had a hard time finding good Christian fellowship and teaching. we had a great church in the town we moved from. so i've felt disconnected in a major way, too. i'll pray for nourishment and renewal for you also!

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Lately, the Word has been true living water to me. we can never underestimate that.