11.28.2006

My Favorite Things

TWO NEW POSTS...My Favorite Things & Shameless Plug


One thing I have tried to do to help myself adjust to a new country has been that I have surrounded myself with familiar items. Let me first start by saying that I am NOT implying that I AM, in any way adjusted yet...my husband is probably thinking,"since when did you adjust?" Whether it is pictures, trinkets, quilts, scrapbooks, whatever...every now and then, I find myself feeling familiar in a strange place. I took this snapshot of a picture that I love. This photograph was taken by me, almost five years ago. It is our children on a cold beach in Florida...it is my favorite of them. Have you ever gotten that photo that was just right? This was mine. My brother-in-law who is in advertising...took the picture from me, added some effects and then had it printed on a huge piece if artists canvas that is about 16x20. Later that year, I had it put into a driftwood frame for my husband for Fathers Day. It was the first item in our home here in London to have a spot. Everytime I look at this, I feel joy. I thought I would share with you all just one of my favorite things...

4 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

great pic! i didn't know you had a girl, too. i just read a blog entry about something similar- "Start by keeping a happiness notebook. Write down words that make you smile. Record what you enjoy doing, food you like to eat, your favorite music, colors, places to visit, people you love, writers and poets who inspire you. Collect pictures of objects you find beautiful whether they be gardens, animals, lakes, room interiors, or art."

Anna said...

That is a wonderful idea...I am sure I will end up trying a few things... :)

kenju said...

What a nice photo! For a minute there, I thought it was you as a child, instead of Sadie.

Anna said...

kenju...I never really looked at it that way until you said that...I think that you are right!