11.30.2006

Why I Love Flowers


Another one of my favorite things is flowers. Who doesn't love them? I took this picture at my friends home today. I was coming down her stairs and saw them in her foyer and just stared...and then got my husbands point & shoot camera. She is very creative and has an eye for putting things together. The flowers, mirror, and candles express..."Welcome into my home." How inviting and warm for this to greet guests upon their arrival. My day was better from just looking these. It has been 11 years since I snagged my better half...and to this day when I smell a Stargazer Lilly and I am wearing my wedding dress and saying "I do" all over again. That smell is so distinct to me that memories and emotions come flooding back. My favorites (besides the obvious Stargazers) are wildflowers...what are your favorites out there? I would love to hear.

5 comments:

kenju said...

There is no flower I don't like, but irises and garden roses are my favorites.

bluemountainmama said...

wildflowers- i especially love seeing fields of cosmos and wild poppies, as they plant them along the interstates down in nc.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - tough one. I love gerber daisies and cyclamens...but yea, I don't know if I've met a flower I didn't like. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, and the hydrangea bushes in Ireland are AMAZING...all year round. That was just one of my favorite things about living there! :)

Mary Ellen Phillips said...

I am so honored! I haven't been on blogs for a few days so I didn't see it before. That was my Thanksgiving boquet and I love it also. Whenever I ask my husband why he doesn't buy me flowers more - he says "Because you always get them for yourself." It just doesn't seem the same without fresh flowers from my yard or the store or a mix in the house...