11.27.2006

Winter Trees


Just three short weeks ago this tree was filled with leaves...loads of them, so thick that you couldn't see through. After looking at it out of the window for a few days, I really do think that this is just as pretty. I love the blue, blue sky as the backdrop for this massive tree and all the branches protruding from it. I can truly appreciate every line I see. This photo looks very crisp and purposeful. Year after year, season after season, this tree does exactly what it is supposed to do. Without fail. What God intended for it to do. It comforts me that some things do not change.

4 comments:

kenju said...

The progression of the seasons gives us hope for our own lives; we see that everything changes, but nothing dies off completely.

bluemountainmama said...

i love the contrast of bare winter branches against a bright blue sky. we have some birch trees nearby like that. i take it you will be in london for Christmas? i'm excited that my sis and family get to come home- i haven't seen them in 2 years! and i've never officially met baby skylark.

Anna said...

bluemountainmama...you are in for an amazing treat with baby skylark...she is extremely precious...all of them are. I have heard that this city is wonderful at Chritmas, so I am looking forward to being here. My ouwn sis is coming for a visit just before Christmas and I am so excited about having time with her.

Anna said...

kenju...praise the Lord that while we change and God molds us we are still unique and special the way He made us...